Computers have become very indispensible today in any person’s life. There are a number of professionals whose job involves a lot of computer usage. As everyone can understand, any computer can start giving troubles after a certain use and this is when we would need the services of professionals.
If your system shows error messages for the missing system files, then this is the time to contact the computer support. The professionals will provide you with the steps for troubleshooting.
Missing System Files Error Messages: These errors may occur in the form of system messages like “the xyz component xyz.ocx is missing” or “This application has failed to start because xyz.dll was not found.”
This error messages appear when a file component required for execution of a particular program or operation is either damaged or deleted. In order to resolve this problem the following steps need to be considered:
1. Update software or utility that is causing the problem. You can search for updates manually on the software’s website or you can update through application programs provided in the Installer package of the software. In case you need to update a driver, you can do so by going to the Device Manager Utility. If needed, contact with your nearest computer support.
2. You can also uninstall and reinstall the infected program to replace the bad files of the program with fresh copies of new files. Most of the times the problem gets solved using this procedure but if the software is averting un-installation then use a third party program to uninstall the software or delete it manually from the system.
If a computer is properly maintained and kept clean, the durability of the machine is also increased and the chances of it to generate error messages are also decreased. One may also perform some of these tasks regularly to have an error free computer:
1. Disk Clean up Utility: Use the disk clean up utility at least once a week to prevent error messages. This utility deletes duplicate files and damaged files. It also frees up space by deleting temporary files and files in the recycle bin.
2. Disk Defragment Utility: This utility is used to consolidate and arrange data in the hard disk. This optimizes system performance and prevents computers from crashing.
3. Registry Cleaner: Clean the windows registry at least once a week with the help of a good registry cleaner.
4. Hardware cleanup: Manually clean all your hardware components and make sure your computer is neat and tidy so that it does not accumulate dust particles which slow down the pc.
5. Windows Update: Run windows update weekly to download latest software patches and security updates which are required for smooth functioning of various windows applications.
Most of the trouble shooting steps can also be found online on the website of various companies or computer store which offer services of repairing computer. The customers can visit their site and if the problem still exists they can then call for a technician to come over and check the computer.